**Our walkways are now closed for winter**
Walkways will reopen again later in the year – please keep an eye out for the opening date announcement on this walkway page or on facebook.
* * * *
Self guided walking is open during daylight hours October/November (date TBC) until April. Call in to the Experience Pūrangi Centre in Inglewood to pick up a walks brochure and directions to Aukawa Road or print information from the links below.
Our walkways are a fundraiser, You can enjoy these walks at your leisure. We ask for a $10 donation per person which goes towards our kiwi project.
Payment can be made by direct credit our bank account 15-3947-0463618-00; via our website: https://www.experiencepurangi.co.nz/product/donationwalks/ or call in and meet the team at our project office/information centre: 53 Rata street, Inglewood.
Hidden Valley Walk
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through native bush alongside a bubbling stream bed.
The Hidden Valley Walk is our best kept secret. Boardwalks lead you along the mostly flat terrain through lovely native bush. Listen for the calls of the resident birds who are prolific in the area.
Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy sitting amongst the redwoods where you might be joined by a cheeky Robin.
At night the walkway is transformed into a magical wonderland of a glow worm grotto. Night walks are available by organised guided events. Please enquire: email@example.com
Grade: Light. Time: ½ hour
Clothing: Bush walking footwear and clothing
We ask for a $10 donation per person with all proceeds going towards the kiwi project. Payment can be made by direct credit our bank account 15-3947-0463618-00; via our website: https://www.experiencepurangi.co.nz/product/donationwalks/ or call in and meet the team at our project office/information centre: 53 Rata street, Inglewood.
- On arriving at the carpark please sign the visitors book located in the public toilet block.
- Follow the direction of the “hidden valley” sign.
- Take the time to view the surrounding native bush and plant life.
- The halfway point of the loop track leads you up to a stairway for a short climb to the papa (clay) steps – take your time and watch your step
- Once at the top the track meanders downhill
- Stop and enjoy a rest in the redwoods picnic area
- Follow the track along and head back to the start of your walk