Walks are closed over winter.
Check back here or on our Facebook page for the opening date in Spring.
Hidden Valley Walk
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through native bush alongside a bubbling stream bed.
The Hidden Valley Walk is our best kept secret. Boardwalks lead you along the mostly flat terrain through lovely native bush. Listen for the calls of the resident birds who are prolific in the area.
Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy sitting amongst the redwoods where you might be joined by a cheeky Robin.
At night the walkway is transformed into a magical wonderland of a glow worm grotto. Night walks are available by organised guided events. Please enquire: email@example.com
Grade: Light. Time: ½ hour
Clothing: Bush walking footwear and clothing
We ask for a $10 donation per person which goes towards our kiwi project. Please direct credit our bank account 15-3947-0463618-00; or drop it in to our office on 53 Rata Street, Inglewood.
- On arriving at the field cabin, have a look at the display area inside the cabin. The walls of the display area are focused on the project
- Sign the visitors book
- Take the track to the right of the cabin and follow the pink post markers to the gated entrance way.
- Take the time to view the surrounding native bush and plant life.
- The halfway point of the loop track leads you up to a stairway for a short climb to the papa (clay) steps – take your time and watch your step
- Once at the top the track meanders downhill
- Stop and enjoy a rest in the redwoods picnic area
- Follow the track along and head back to the start of your walk